AirPlus!® is the deicing system developed by Global Ground Support of Olathe, Kansas. Based on technology developed at Wright-Patterson AFB and refined by Global, the AirPlus!® System uses Forced Air, either alone or in combination with deicing fluid, to remove various forms of frozen contamination from the critical surfaces of aircraft. The result is amazing. This technology is what sets our deicers apart from the industry competition.
It may be surprising to learn that air is one of the most effective ways to remove ice from aircraft. If you are interested in learning just how important of a role air can play in a deicer, review the amazing facts below.
- Air alone at 715 mph effectively removes Light Fluffy Snow at a distance up to 20 feet away from the air nozzle with the prescribed nozzle angle of 45° from horizontal.
- Air alone at 715 mph effectively removes Heavy to Medium Dry Snow at distances as much as 10-115 feet with the air nozzle at 45°-60° from horizontal.
- Air alone at 715 mph effectively removes Heavy to Medium Wet Snow (five or more inches) at distances as much as 5-10 feet with the air nozzle at 55°-60° from horizontal.
Fluid injection is the other crucial component in our advanced deicer technology. When combined with forced air, it can remove the toughest snow and ice buildup.
- Fluid injection of 5 gpm into the air stream effectively removes Light Frost at distances as much as 15 feet away from the air nozzle with the prescribed nozzle angle of 45°-60° from horizontal.
- Fluid injection of 5-10 gpm into the air stream effectively removes Heavy Frost at distances as much as 10 feet away from the air nozzle with the prescribed nozzle angle of 55°-60° from horizontal.
- Fluid injection of 5 gpm into the air stream effectively removes Heavy to Medium Dry Snow (3-5 inches) at distances as much as 10 feet away from the air nozzle with the prescribed nozzle angle of 60° from horizontal.
- Fluid alone has historically proven to be effective on all known types of contamination; however, forced air and/or a combination of air with fluid injection should be considered prior to applying fluid alone. When forced air and fluid are united, our deicers become more effective than ever.
Fluid Over Air
- Fluid over air effectively removes contaminants of all varieties in various configurations and distances. When it come to aircraft deicing, fluid over air has proven most effective when applied to Freezing Rain and/or Heavy to Medium Wet Snow. When used on these two types of contamination, it has been found that the fluid will be carried further as a result of the fluid confluence into the air stream. The time and quantity of fluid required is greatly reduced as a result of a combination of both energy masses.
- As deicing methods go, fluid over air effectively removes Light Fluffy Snow, Light Frost, Heavy Frost or Heavy to Medium Snow.
Deicing Technology That Adapts to Your Needs
When Global Ground Support is designing deicers, we aim to integrate technology that can adapt to a number of different conditions. Because, as many ground-support crews know, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for every type of ice on aircrafts. Whether you choose to use a combination of forced air and deicing solution, or use either as a standalone, you’ll have all the technology you need, when and where you need it most. We make aircraft deicing convenient, because it shouldn’t be any other way.
For details about our one-of-a-kind deicer technology, call (913) 780-0300.