Global’s Ambulance Passenger Transporters (APT) and VIP units are leading solutions in the ground support equipment (GSE) industry. Modeled after our successful and results-driven line of Wide Body Cabin Service Vehicles, these ground support equipment units are designed to transport and lift passengers, wheelchairs, and stretchers from ground level to the main cabin of narrow-body and wide-body aircraft. An optional half-cab chassis provides a lower platform height that allows for use on Regional Jet and Commuter aircraft.
Don’t Settle for the Ordinary
When it comes to ground support equipment (GSE) solutions, we have a flair for the extravagant. Our VIP units are outfitted with luxury seating, tables, and wood floors. The full width front platforms have powered extension and retraction and automatically pivot for perfect alignment with the aircraft. Maximum capacity – 4 stretchers or 12 wheelchairs (8,000 lbs / 3600kg).
Additional GSE Features:
- Chassis – Freightliner, Hino or equivalent
- Doorsill heights from 67″ to 228″ (2286 to 5791 mm)
- Van body length 18′ (5500mm) with 4′ (1200mm) rear deck
- 5 windows
- Front and rear swing doors with windows, 42″ (1066mm) clear opening, offset to curbside
- Hydraulic aluminum/steel lift gate with folding railings
- Rear stairs for easy access
- 2 folding seats for attendants
- Air Conditioning
- 110V/220V power outlets
- Forced Air Heating for van body
- Additional interior lights
- Luggage/ Storage rack system
- Automatic fire suppression system
- Wheelchair restraint system (wall-mounted)
- Stretcher/wheelchair floor tie down tracking
- Communication system
Revolutionizing Ground Support Equipment Units As You Know Them
Don’t compromise when selecting your ground support equipment (GSE). You can have all the luxuries you want, while maintaining the level of high performance you need — APT and VIP units are no exception.
To purchase one of our high-performance ground support equipment solutions, contact our world headquarters by calling (913) 780-0300.